Monday, January 3, 2011

Nathaniel why do you want to ride across this country?...

...well let me tell you. My Dad, Kevin Dolan, rode across America in the early 80's. I've known this growing up and I never really thought about doing it myself until my Junior year of college. I started to have a strong desire to see the country. I've lived in America all my life and yet I know very little about the way people live beyond Mt. Laurel, New Jersey and Cedarville, Ohio. I see all these things on the news and hear about how people are in this state or that state. I know how they drive when they come to Jersey (poorly) but I suspect that to get to know the communities that make up America I will need to take more than a casual drive by the residences. I will need to take time and absorb what is going on around me. Unfortunately I can't take in all of America (it's kinda a big place) so Andrew and I settled on tackling the Northern tier route because it won't be crazy hot and the landscape will be the most interesting.

So between me having a relatively free summer to spend on an adventure and a desire to see the country biking from West to East became the obvious...okay maybe not so obvious choice of how to spend the time =)

We'll also use the opportunity to raise money for Living Water International. You can donate through the blog. This is a great organization which Andrew and I are really excited about partnering with!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Nathaniel! This is very exciting indeed! We know Living Water is a great organization and will use all donations carefully to provide clean water!

    ReplyDelete