Monday, June 6, 2011

Andrew's Marathon

This past saturday on June 4th I got to finish my first marathon. The marathon was in Potter's County PA, I trained for about 3 and a 1/2 months before it and my time was 3:57, which was not so bad considering a few of the problems I ran into. First of all, this was not an ideal marathon for a first timer, it was very hilly and went up over 1000 ft in the first 17 miles. I was planning on taking their "gu" packets they give you on the run, which are meant to give you more carbs and such that your body was running out of, but unfortunately after reading the nutrition facts I found they had some stuff that I wasn't really supposed to have. So I had a really hilly, "gu"less first marathon but it was awesome and I had a good finish. My heel was extremely bloody from my shoe rubbing it and didn't realize it until I passed the finish line, I'll try to get some pics of that up. My time honestly did dissapoint me a little bit, but I'm proud to say I did not stop or walk once during the whole thing. I think this definately was a good way to mentally prepare myself for our bike trip. It was the hardest thing I've ever done and I've never fealt that severely sore before (walking was a real problem post race), but two days later I feel much better. My dad got to come along on the trip which was great, and we had a fun time.

-Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment